New to this site?
Enjoy getting to know the NRWF through our website. The public is welcome to come to listen to our monthly informative speakers, but only members can log into this site and receive our newsletters.
If you are a Republican and want to be better informed, join us.
Senior Director of Education Studies
at the Pacific Research Institute
will speak on
Public vs. Private vs. Charter,
and The Common Core Curriculum
March 18, 2014
11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Marin Country Club
Lance Izumi is author of the highly praised 2012 book Obama’s Education Takeover and co-author of the 2011 PRI book, Not as Good as You Think: The Myth of the Middle Class School.
He also appears in Academy Award-winning director Davis Guggenheim’s 2010 education film documentary, Waiting for Superman, which was voted best U.S. Documentary at the prestigious Sundance Film Festival. His most recent work is the 2013 PRI report, “One World School House vs, Old World Statehouse: The Kahn Academy and California Red Tape.”
Mr. Izumi is the longest-serving board member of the largest system of higher education in the nation, the Board of Governors of the California Communiyt Colleges system and served two terms as its president in 2008 and 2009.
We are the largest issue-oriented, conservative group in Marin County, California, providing a monthly forum to learn about issues and exchange ideas.
We are affiliated with the National Federation of Republican Women and the California Federation of Republican Women and function independently of the Republican Party.
- On February 7, 2014, President Obama signed the Agricultural Act of 2014 (The Farm Bill) into law after two years… Read More
- Liberals and tea partyers finally have something to agree on. They strike remarkably similar themes when asked about National Security… Read More
- By VICTOR DAVIS HANSON The nightmare societies portrayed in the George Orwell novels "1984" and "Animal Farm" gave us… Read More
- The next time you swipe your debit or credit card at the gas pump, you’ll be doing more than filling… Read More
- Since winning a supermajority in the Legislature in the November 2012 elections, we have seen Sacramento Democrats go on a… Read More